It's THAT time of the year! Mothers everywhere are being celebrated and pampered because they deserve to be treated specially on Mother's Day. And since it's all about mothers today, we took the opportunity to talk about a mother's exercise routine and give you some tips on how to make exercise a reality in a mom's life.
Sticking with an exercise routine can be a struggle for anyone. But for moms, squeezing in workouts can feel almost impossible at times. It's all house work, cooking dinner, making it out of the house with a shower, much less work out! After all, how are you supposed to find time to workout when you can’t even go to the bathroom undisturbed?
Between caring for kids, workplace demands, household chores, doctors appointments, school and many more, a mom has little precious time to sweat. So we researched some good tips to help keep you in shape, healthy and happy in your overwhelming but amazing life.
1. Schedule exercise, but don't overschedule yourself. Most likely you won't be able to workout for an hour every single day, so take as much as you get and don't feel bad for it!
2. Plan your workouts in advance. Know what you want to achieve each week, making sure you have a balanced workout.
3. Keep away from your kids' snacks. Say no to the cookies and other sweets. A few handfulls here and a few bites there can lead to unwanted pounds everywhere!
4. Pack your meals. A healthy lunch will keep you from hunger and you'll avoid rushing to the closest fast-food in your lunch break.
5. Get as much sleep as you can. It can make all the difference in being a healthy, happy, energized mother.
6. Find something to motivate you. Maybe a wedding is coming up or a party you have been waiting for. Think about it!
7. Find some good shoes. Whether you are jogging or walking, see that you wear the proper shoes for it to prevent any unwanted injuries.
8. Drink your water. Loading up on the H2O will give you energy, which means you'll have a better chance to make a priority out of your workout session.
9. PLAY WITH YOUR KIDS! And don't we have ideas on how to do that?
- If you happen to have a baby around, that could mean a little extra resistance for you and fun for them.
- Turn on some music and start dancing with your kids. You will have a blast together!
- Run with...or after them!
- Bootcamp in the backyard or in the park. Kids love playing outside, so take them to the playground and try playing right along with them. Squeeze in some triceps dips off a bench, step ups, and try to do a pull-up on the monkey bars.
- Try making exercise a game with your kiddos. Create an obstacle course in your backyard or take your baby onto the floor with you for some abs.
10. Love yourself. Being a mother is the most important job in the world! Believe it and feel it!
Can you get yourself to trying some of the ideas we've given you? The key is to accept the time you do have and make the most of it!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Comments will be approved before showing up.