Low calories snacks are adored by every person who wants to lose weight or every person who is trying to maintain their weight. Make sure that before you start losing weight, you have control over your portions. Portion control can be one of the most difficult aspects of maintaining a healthy diet. Portion control is strongly related to calorie counting, but sounds less like a math endeavor and easier to apply on a daily basis.
The amount of calories is not really the most important part of our list below, but actually, the amount of nutrients in 100 calories. Our list of snacks suits every palette, from sweet to savory. See if you can find your favorite snack under 100 calories listed below:
- Blueberries: 1 cup of blueberries will nourish you with only 85 calories. While they are low on calories, they are very high in nutrients and rich in antioxidants. They also help prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and slow down aging.
- Shrimps: 12 large shrimps, steamed or boiled, have exactly 99 calories. They are delicious, but also very healthy. They contain the anti-inflammatory carotenoid nutrient astaxanthin. Shrimp is a great source of antioxidants, and it's rich in Selenium, Vitamin B12 and protein!
- Eggs: 1 large egg has only 74 calories! And comes with an additional 6.29g of protein which is absolutely good for building more muscle.
- Almonds: 13 almonds have only 91 calories. They are tasty and rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, fiber, vegetable protein, vitamin E, copper and magnesium.
- Oatmeal cookies: Just one oatmeal raisin cookie has 65 calories. It’s full of soluble fiber, iron, and tiny doses of vitamin A for healthy eyesight!
- Kiwi: Snacking on 2 pieces of kiwi will ensure you 85 calories only! Plus, they provide you with your daily dose of vitamin C, good amounts of vitamin A, sodium and even 1g of protein!
- Hummus: 50g of hummus only has 83 calories. Hummus is high in protein and fiber, but the chickpeas in it also provide iron, phosphorus and B vitamins.
- Olives: 80g of olives have only 92 calories! They are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin E, selenium and zinc. They also have amazing anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Raspberries: 1 cup of raspberries has only 65 calories. They are a great source of vitamin C, manganese and dietary fiber. They are also incredibly sweet and tasty!
- Apples: 1 medium apple has 95 calories. Apples help with weight loss, lower cholesterol, they are full of fibers and help decrease diabetes. 1 Apple a day keep the doctor away indeed!
- Honeydew Melon: 1 cup of diced honeydew melon contains only 61 calories! It has a high water content so it contributes to daily hydration, it’s rich in vitamin C, copper and aids collagen production and skin tissue regeneration.
In the end, it’s not the calories that count. What counts is whether we take them from good foods or bad foods. A healthy diet is not all about calorie counting, but it’s also about healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. A small packed 100 calories snack does not always mean that it is a healthy choice which will control your hunger until the next meal. Be smart and choose wisely. The snacks above are mostly healthy but there are plenty of products that will have the same amount of calories, but lack in nutritious compounds.
These snacks are easy to take on the go or prep a day before. There is no excuse not to make the healthy choice now that you know! Make sure you snack on healthy low-calorie foods next time and keep a bag of almonds with you all the time. It’s the safest way to ensure you are snacking on the right stuff that will help you with sufficient protein for your muscle building endeavor as well!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.