Height: 5’7” – 170 cm
Weight: 143 lbs – 65 kg
1.How did you get started with bodybuilding/fitness?
Being overweight at the early age of 16 in a small city wasn’t a problem till I had to move for College and change the people surrounding me. So being the “biggest” in all the new groups made me rethink my eating habits, and started trying all the diets I could find on google. Huge mistake since most of them were based on a crazy caloric deficit. After I completely ruined my body with those, I joined the Gym but as most women do, I was only doing cardio.
Bad diets and lots of running ended up screwing up my body even more till one day a trainer at the gym I was going to, told me to get under a bar and squat a few times... that was the day when it all changed! I was getting better and stronger, physically and mentally. I fell in love with the weights and my passion for fitness started.
2. Where does your motivation come from?
The motivation comes from the fact that i saw the other side, being overweight and unhealthy: no energy , no focus, no confidence, no strength and I don’t want to be that person ever again. Trying to change and have an impact on people lives like that trainer had on me is also a big motivation.
3. What workout routine has worked best for you?
After I started learning about workouts and proper nutrition,I wanted be strong and fit but also be very feminine, so I put a lot of effort on building an aesthetic physique and keep those curvy lines.
So my Current routine consists in training legs and glutes x2 a week, combining the upper body workouts the other 3 days remaining. I always warm up on a cardio machine first for 10 15 min.
Monday : Legs and Glutes - Volume training ( usually because I eat more carbs during the weekend)
- Warm-up using a band - 3 x 20 sidewalks + side lunges using bodyweight only
- Romanian deadlifts 5 sets x 6 - 8 reps (medium - high weight)
- Box Squats 5 sets x 6 - 8 reps (medium - high weight)
- Hip thrusts 5 sets x 10 - 12 reps (medium - high weight)
- Sumo deadlifts 5 sets x 8- 10 reps (medium weight )
- Walking Lunges 3 sets (medium - light weight)
Tuesday : Shoulders and Abs
Warm up : external / internal shoulder rotations +band pull apart
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press 3 x 12 reps
- Standing barbell shoulder press 4 x 12 reps ( I combine 2 front and 2 back presses )
- Lateral raises 3 x 12 reps
- Dumbbell rear delt fly 3 x 12 reps
- Front raises plate/barbell 3 x 12 reps
- Single arm cable crossover 3 x 10 reps
Hanging leg raises 3x 25
- Oblique crunches 3x 25
- Decline bench sit ups 3x 25
- Knees to chest crunches 3x 25
- Plate pass plank 3x 25
- Warm up : Pull-up assisted machine : 3 sets with all grips 12- 15 reps Light weight
- Wide grip Pull downs 3 x 8 -12 reps
- Bent over barbell rows 3x 8 - 12 reps
- T- bar rows 3 x 8 - 12
- Single arm dumbbell row 3 x 12 on each arm
- Seated cable rows 3 x 12 reps
- Straight arm pulldown 3x 12 reps
Thursday : Chest and Arms
Warm up : Push- ups 3 x 10
- Cable fly 3x 12 Superset with 10 Push- ups
- Incline Dumbbell chest press 3 x 12 Superset with 10 Push `ups
- Barbell overhead press 3x12
- Chest press machine 3x 12
- Pec deck machine 3 x 12
Arms - triceps
Dumbbell overhead tricep extension
- Skullcrushers 3 x 10
- Triceps Press down 3x 10
- Bench triceps dip 3x 10
Arms - Biceps
Z-bar bicep curl 3x 10
- Dumbbell sIngle arm bicep curl 3x 10- each arm
- Dumbbell single arm hammer curl 3x10 - each arm
- Rope cable curl 3x 10
Friday: legs & Glute focus Workout
- Warm up : Side Walks with band 20 x 3
- Banded Barbell Hip Thrusts 5 x 12 Superset with stiff legged dumbell deadlifts - exhaustion
- Sumo deadlifts 3x 12 reps superset with sumo stance goblet squats
- Wide stance legs press 3x 12 reps
- Bulgarian Split squats 3x 12
- Cable kickbacks 4 x 10 reps each leg
- Cable pull throughs 4 x 12 reps
4. What is the secret to your incredible transformation?
I know it sounds like a cliche but weight training and especially proper nutrition is and will always be the solution to how I look and feel. A good and balanced diet has the biggest impact on my training and my mind.
5. If you would have to pick only 3 exercise what would they be and why?
I`d start with Deadlifts, because it works several muscle groups including legs , glutes and back muscles which I am fond of training often. 2nd would be Hip Thrusts.They are one of my favorite exercises for building the glutes. And 3rd would be Squats because of the many variations hitting different muscle groups.
6. What is your diet like?
After trying most of the diets, for my body Intermittent fasting and Keto diet worked best but in the summertime I like to benefit from all the fresh fruits and veggies so I have 3 meals a day.
My breakfasts consist in eggs with different types of veggies or Protein Pancakes with fruits if I want to start my day with something sweet next to my coffee. If I don’t have time to cook something I blend a few frozen fruits with a scoop of protein and half of avocado into a good shake.
My 2nd meal of the day consists in grilled / boiled Chicken or Fish with Veggies(usually I go for the fresh ones) and I have a piece of fresh fruit after my meal. I might have a snack if I get too hungry and I go after pumpkin seeds, walnuts, a piece of fruit or a protein shake
My dinner includes only Protein and Veggies, no Carbs. After I studied the benefits of bone broth I always have a pot in the fridge from which I take and boil different veggies in and blend them together. I get creative with my foods so I never get bored. If I`m out of broth I make a huge salad , again changing the ingredients, and I love making different yogurt dressings for them.
7. What is your favorite food, the one you can’t live without and how do you handle food cravings?
My favorite food would definitely be pizza, and I let myself enjoy one as my cheat meal almost every weekend. I love to cook so that helped me try new healthy recipes and discover new “hacks” in the kitchen, and also using products made by different supplement stores to satisfy the sweet tooth without feeling too guilty.
8. What supplements do you take and why?
I use a few protein powders mostly because I can make a delicious protein desserts with guilt free.
I go for a pre-workout in the days i`m feeling lazy in the gym, and I always take my BCAA`s after every workout. Of course I use different Vitamins especially B12 and D, and immune boosting supplements.
9. Favorite quote?
“Life has no limitations except the ones you make”, Les Brown
10. Where can people find you?
You can find me in the BodyHackers group where we can talk about everything fitness or diet related. You can also follow me on: